Your best friend speaks glowingly about her fiancé, but she lives far away and your recent communications have only taken place by text and telephone. The thing is, this fiancé seems to be ever-present and listening in the background whenever she's in contact, and she let it slip that he's fantasized about seeing her lick from a dog's dish. You're worried he might be controlling every aspect of her life, but she doesn't seem to be distressed. Could what you perceive to be tyrannical oversight just be part of a consensual power dynamic they've established in their relationship? We'll try to find answers to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/553On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Why are height and salary correlated? [Thanks to Scott Galloway for this one!]
- Is your best friend really being controlled by a domineering fiancé, or is this just a consensually kinky aspect of their relationship?
- Your ex-husband swapped out libido-killing medication (that treated his anxiety and depression, but contributed to your divorce) for cannabis and junk food. This seems to leave him with a loss of appetite, but how can you find reliable information to confirm what's really going on and help him out of his funk?
- Should you file an ethics complaint against your neighbor who's trying to sabotage your home sale -- after refusing your initial, generous offer to sell to them first? [Once again, thanks to Corbin Payne for helping us with this one!]
- How do you know when it's time to stop negotiating and accept the terms of a job offer without feeling like you've left some unknown variable on the table?
- You now make even more money in 10 hours or less per week than you did in 70 hours working for someone else. But how can you dispel the anxiety and guilt you feel because your supportive partner is still grinding out 60-hour workweeks?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at
To view this and other transcripts, as well as support the generation of new transcripts, please subscribe.