General Michael Hayden (@GenMhayden) is a retired United States Air Force general, former Director of the NSA and CIA, and author of Playing to the Edge: American Intelligence in the Age of Terror. [Note: This is a previously broadcast episode from the vault that we felt deserved a fresh listen!]What We Discuss with General Michael Hayden:
- How does an intelligence agent view cognition, cognitive bias, and psychology differently from a policymaker?
- What is The Unpleasant Fact an intelligence agent brings to the briefing table?
- General Hayden gives us a rare glimpse of working for two very different presidents and conveys the importance of adapting to their particular learning styles.
- Find out what it’s like to present new intelligence to an administration that forces it to change policy. (Awkward!)
- Get General Hayden’s take on the Orlando shootings and the difficulty of balancing security with liberty.
- And much more…
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/576Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
To view this and other transcripts, as well as support the generation of new transcripts, please subscribe.