Andy Norman (@drandyno) directs the Humanism Initiative at Carnegie Mellon University, is the founder of CIRCE, and is the award-winning author of Mental Immunity: Infectious Ideas, Mind-Parasites, and the Search for a Better Way to Think.What We Discuss with Andy Norman:
- Like our bodies, our minds and cultures have immune systems, and they can break down under certain conditions.
- How the root cause of contemporary divisiveness is a compromise of these mental and cultural immune systems.
- What it takes for certain ideologies to weaken our mental and cultural immune systems.
- Why, if you want to effectively persuade others, you must also show your willingness to be persuadable.
- How you can inoculate your mind (and help others protect themselves) against divisive ideologies to build the mental rigidity to withstand their influence.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/590Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
To view this and other transcripts, as well as support the generation of new transcripts, please subscribe.