You're concerned your 21-year-old daughter is making a mistake by moving abroad to be with her Bahrain beau of five years -- especially since they've only corresponded remotely and have never been face-to-face in real life. You can't outright forbid her to leave as she's an adult now, but is there any way you can get her to reconsider the gravity of what she may be getting herself into? We'll try to find answers to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/624On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How can you convince your 21-year-old daughter she may be making a huge mistake by moving abroad to be with the Bahrain beau she's never actually met in real life?
- How can gently turn down writing a letter of recommendation for someone whose countless character flaws make them someone with whom you don't want your name associated?
- Over the past 10 years, your once-athletic spouse has become clinically obese. The doctor has warned that this is a perfect recipe for diabetes and heart disease, but to no avail. How can you bring up losing weight and leading a healthier lifestyle without sounding like a superficial a-hole?
- You have an offer for your dream job, but it would mean a $40,000 pay cut and a move across the country -- something your significant other is dead-set against. And if you turn down the offer, you'll likely be barred from joining the organization in the future and lose some valuable links in your network. What's your best option?
- You know therapy might be effective in helping you through your depression if you could only find the right therapist. How do you go about finding someone who's the right fit?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
To view this and other transcripts, as well as support the generation of new transcripts, please subscribe.